The right way to shop

Aiden Reagan, Photographer

As the holiday season approaches quickly we all are scattering around looking for the perfect gifts for our loved ones. The sales are crazy, but the crowds are worse. There are ways that you can get your shopping done without all of the chaos.

First step, have a budget. You do not want to over spend on one person and not have enough for the others. If you have multiple people to shop for, try and set a specific budget for each person. A realistic system would be maybe $25 or $30 for each person. So it makes it easy for you to have enough money for everybody.

Second, have a list. Ask each person you are buying for to give you a detailed list of what they want, how much it costs, and where to buy it. You want to make sure you are buying them exactly what they want, you do not want to purchase them something they will not use!

“I made sure I gave my family and boyfriend a specific list of what I want just to make it easier on them to find what I want,” said senior Daisy Peralta.

Next step, make sure you know where to purchase these items. Ask the person to include stores or websites where you can buy the item they want. You do not want to go into the mall and look around aimlessly at different stores trying to find exactly what they want, because maybe one store will have it cheaper or a better version, or the specific color the person wants.

“When I am shopping for friends and family, I make sure I check all stores because sometimes a certain store will have sales going on, when the others do not,” said senior Heather Graham.

For my fourth and final tip, be organized. Make sure you know exactly what you are going to the store for, get in and get out as fast as you can.

The mall is overwhelming as it is, but during the holiday season it is way worse. Using these few tips can help you have a successful, stress-free holiday shopping experience.