Michigan upset by OSU

Abigail Grias, Staff Reporter

The game we have all been waiting for is the Michigan vs Ohio State game. This game took place at the Ohio stadium in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 26. This game has been the talk since the beginning of the season. Both teams had a record of 10-1 and was a crucial win for both teams to advance in the NCAA playoffs.

Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the University of Michigan was seen throwing his headset and running along the sidelines. Harbaugh was given a penalty for “unsportsmanlike conduct” when getting angry for a few calls the referee did not make. The unsportsmanlike conduct helped OSU from Michigan’s eight yard line to the fourth. Mike Weber of OSU scored a touchdown cutting Michigan’s lead, 17-14.

At the end of the game, Ohio had possession of the ball and ran out time and called a timeout. OSU’s walk on kicker, who had already missed two that game. He eventually found redemption on the 23-yard line in the final seconds of the fourth quarter that sent the game into overtime.

In double overtime, Michigan had the ball first and went for the field goal. The Wolverines offense had held off OSU until the fourth down which was overturned to a first down. The next play, Ohio State ran a 15 yard run making the score 27-30, the game was over and had many disappointed Michigan fans. “I was livid, I was working that day watching the game, the whole place stopped running, everyone was watching the game, then when OSU got the first down everyone was furious. I was mad and I thought Ohio’s first down was a fluke,” said senior Jacob Downey.

This game had 17 million viewers watching. This game had the most viewers this season and was definitely the best to watch. “This was easily the best game I have ever watched. It was filled with excitement, even though it wasn’t the outcome I wanted,” said senior Jacob Clark.

This game overall was one of the most entertaining football games this year. The Wolverines ended up in fifth place this year, while OSU ended up coming in third, right behind Clemson and Alabama.