Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Having off campus lunch allows students to go get some coffee to help get them through the day.

Rachel Irodenko

Rachel Irodenko

Rachel Irodenko, Online Editor-In-Chief

Many students want to have off campus lunches during school, where they are able to leave school property and go buy lunch of of school property.  Woodhaven has not had off campus lunch for at least the last 5 years. Many students believe that as high schoolers we should be able to have off campus lunches.

Samantha DeJongh, Senior said, “I feel if we can drive and are old enough for high school responsibilities then we should be able to go get ourselves lunch.” Multiple parents agree as well, Sheryl White, mother of seven said, “If a student is in high school and is 16 with a car they should be able to leave.  As long as the lunch period is long enough and kids are responsible they should be able to.  Age, maturity as well as grades in their classes should be a factor as well.” One worry is if something was to happen to the students while they were gone then it would be the school’s fault and responsibility for what has happened to the students.

Carrie Irodenko, mother of one believes differently she said, “Once the kids leave school property what they do and if something happens to them has nothing to do with the school.  Parents should have to give permission for the students to leave for off campus lunch in the first place and say that if something happens to them while they’re gone that it is not the school’s responsibility but instead is the students and the parents.”

Sometimes students just need a break from the school atmosphere during the day, teachers are able to leave on their lunch break, so why shouldn’t students be able to too?

Rachel Irodenko
With off campus lunch students would be able to go to Tim Hortons and buy a warm sandwich of their choice for lunch.

1 Comment

One Response to “Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?”

1. Jennifer Nagle on May 16th, 2017 11:30 am

Hi there! I graduated WHS class of 2001. This discussion had been going on for more than a decade when I graduated and I’m amused it’s still going on. At least there’s more food options nowadays. Good luck!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• News

Warrior Way Clothing Closet

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

Grande goes out in a bang

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

DIY college dorm room calandar

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

More than 13 reasons why

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

Summer plans

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

DIY paper fortune cookies for Valentine’s Day

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

What it’s like to live with a learning disability

• Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?

Showcase

Is it a sport

• Feature

How to spot fake news

• News

Conflicts with North Korea

The student news site of Woodhaven High School
Will WHS ever have off campus lunch?