How to Get Rid of Stress

Julia Detrych, Event Planner

With finals coming up, many people are going to be stressed with worrying about what grade they are going to get on the final or what their  grade is going to be. People are also going to be stressed out with all the studying they are doing. Here are some ways that can help get rid of your stress.

1. Meditate- “Research suggests that daily meditation may alter the brain’s neural pathways, sit up straight with both feet on the floor, close your eyes, and say a positive message out loud for example “I love myself” according to www.web.md.com
  2. Breathe Deeply- Slowly inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
  3. Be Present- Spend time in the moment or life you are in.
  4. Reach Out- Talk to others or even take the time to talk to your friends or family, it will help.
  5. Tune in to your Body- Lie on your back and let your whole body relax.
  6. Decompress- Close your eyes, relax your neck, place a warm heat wrap around your neck for 10 minutes.
  7. Laugh Out Loud- A good belly laugh lowers cortisol, stress hormones, and boosts brain chemicals called endorphins which promote happiness.
  8. Crank up the Tunes- Listening to calm soothing music can lower blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety.
  9. Get Moving- Do yoga, or even go for walk. Walking can ease depression and anxiety by helping the brain release feel-good chemicals and a good practice to dealing with stress.
  10. Be Grateful- Write in a journal of all the good things that you are grateful for and also write the good things that have happened or are happening in your life, you can even decorate the journal you are going to write in.

All of these tips can help reduce stress if you take these tips seriously and into consideration.. So take the time and try out a few of these tips and see if they will work to reduce stress.

Write in a journal to relieve stress