Filed under Showcase

Warrior Way Clothing Closet

Opening the doors

DECA students organized and promoted the idea of a place where less fortunate students and/or members of our community can look to when they are in need of clothing items. This idea came about after assessing the immense need in our community due to tragedies that occur on a day to day basis such as a house fire, unemployment, natural disasters, or financial struggles.

Students, administrators and teachers are encouraged to donate clothing items that are not being used any longer over the course of the year. “Students are able to get involved by working in the closet, as well as spreading the word that the school has it available for families in need,” said DECA sponsor Mrs. Meyer.

DECA isn’t the only club helping to formulate the Warrior Way Clothing Closet. Members of NHS and Interact have played a part in the formation of the clothing closet.

You don’t have to be a part of a club to get involved in the formation of the clothing closet, all students are encouraged to get involved in clubs, sports, performing arts as well as volunteer work.If you choose to volunteer you may be asked to organize the closet as well as separate the clothing items that have been donated. If you want to be able to volunteer for an organization that benefits our fellow Woodhaven Warrior community members, this would be an amazing opportunity.

This room also plays a part in the very well known debate between students and staff. Dress code is being enforced more consistently this year compared to years past. If a student is asked to change an outfit because it is out of the dress code, they may be sent to the closet to find a more appropriate article of clothing for the school day.

If you decide to get involved, contact Mrs. Meyer. The closet could use any help students are willing to give whether its donating, organizing, or promoting it within our community.