How to get involved at WHS

Julia Detrych, Print Editor-in-chief

With the 2017-2018 school year just starting here at Woodhaven High School, many incoming students here at WHS are looking for clubs to get involved with or join. Getting involved helps you create many memories throughout your years at WHS and also getting involved helps you create many new friends and it also being involved with many clubs makes it look good on college applications. Here is a list of clubs here at WHS that you can join.

One club that you can join is student council. Student council runs all year long and you can join whenever. Mrs Ganop is in charge of the whole student council. Senior Jena Cruz is the main president  and Senior Marissa D’Alfonso is the main vice president. If you choose to join or get involved with student council you get to help with homecoming float, spirit week, snoball hallway decorating, and etc.. If you want to know more about student council there are full meetings on Thursday’s at 7:15 a.m. in the media center.

A second club that you can join is S.A.D.D. This club is called students against destructive decisions. This is ran by Mrs. Alderman. Senior Lela Jimenez and Senior Nadia Braswell are the main presidents of this club. If you want to join make sure to stop by Mrs. Alderman’s room, give them $5 and you are automatically in! Many activities that this club does is safe halloween, haunted hallways, going to homeless shelters, and making blankets to help out in the community!

A third club that you can join is Interact. Interact is ran by Mrs. Meyer. Senior Cameron Lizyness is the main president. Senior Marissa D’Alfonso is the vice president. You can stop by whenever or join whenever! Many activities that you get to do is make cards for kids in the hospital, and make get well gifts for elderly people in the nursing home.

There are many more clubs that are not listed here but if you do see a club that does interest you, don’t be afraid to stop by a meeting or just ask a person in charge of the club and they would be delighted to have you join! If any student has any questions about a club that isn’t listed just stop by the main office or counseling office and ask what other clubs you can get involved in!