• Spring Break! Be Safe Warriors 3/30/18 - 4/7/18

• SAT Testing 3/10/2018

• Choir Concert 3/8/18

• Snoball Pep Assembly & Game 2/23/18

• WHS Band Concert 2/22/18

The show must go on

Josh Swan, Photography editor

On November 21, The Woodhaven Theatre announced they would be performing the hit  musical Chicago by John Kander and Fred Ebb. It follows a “character”, Roxie, who has just murdered her husband and sister after catching them in bed together. She goes to prison and becomes a celebrity with the help of a lawyer named Billy Flynn. In prison she gets the spotlight she always wanted with exciting musicals and dance numbers.

The Woodhaven Theatre Company was excited to perform this musical and even hired new coming alumni Tyler Calhoun to direct so the right were requested and there goes. Though as a first for The Woodhaven Theatre Company…DENIED. The publisher Samuel French denied the rights as it is believed that Chicago is planning a revival tour very soon. With the company left to find a backup plan with only so long to go we’ll see in the coming months what they decide to do . Students are welcome to give suggestions but ultimately the decision comes down to Michael Clemons and then has be approved by Mr. C.

Executive Director, Adrian Adkins said “I think that Chicago was a very big show and that we had a lot of opportunity with a show like it. But now I believe that we could look for something with even more opportunities and possibilities. I don’t have a select show that I would pick but I know that the company will do its best to represent the show well.

Director Of Communications, Cara Deblois said “I’m expected that the musical would change, originally when we were going to do All Shook Up instead of Hairspray last year, that changed too. I am excited to see what else we will do.

Instead of Chicago, I would like to do Charlie Brown, Sweeney Todd, Rent, Spring Awakening, or CATS.

Fouad Diry, Director Of Production & Development said “ Well chicago was an interesting show and it would have been nice to do though that were not. What more can you do. I would like to do rent the most but i  think we can do something a lot bigger with whatever we do”.

Zyaire Ford, Director Of Development & Outreach said “Well it’s a good show, but overall i’m okay about the fact that we are not doing it. It opens the gateway to do a show with so much more potential for so many people’s senior year. I’d probably want to do Rent or In The Heights for our musical instead”.

Everyone is on the edge of their seat to find out the new musical.