• Spring Break! Be Safe Warriors 3/30/18 - 4/7/18

• SAT Testing 3/10/2018

• Choir Concert 3/8/18

• Snoball Pep Assembly & Game 2/23/18

• WHS Band Concert 2/22/18

Trying new things at WHS

Alaina Randazzo, Social media editor

“We offer 3-4 sports each season (fall, winter and spring) for both boys and girls so there are about 25 total sports teams for boys and girls to join.  We also offer about 15 after school clubs that students can join,” said Principal Mr. Czajkowski. There are plenty of clubs students can  join in order to be involved in our school. Being in clubs and sports enable students to make friends with other students with the same interests. Students also usually have better attendance and grades when they get involved.

“Trying new things has enabled me to be able to meet new friends and get more involved at WHS,” said Sophomore Pietro Vitale. At first Vitale was indecisive about swimming because baseball is a sport he has done his whole life so swimming was extremely different. “Trying these new sports have pushed me to step out of my comfort zone.” He had recently decided to become a member of the Boy’s Varsity Swim & Diving team.

The swim team was facing a shortage and needed more boys swimmers so Vitale and his friend Brendan Bellor made the last minute decision to join the team and ended up taking a liking to it. After a few short practices Vitale and Bellor experienced their first meet, and it went better than expected.

“My favorite part of swim so far has been the Friday night pasta parties before big meets and going out with the team after meets,” said Vitale.

Meets can be intimidating especially for someone who hasn’t been exposed to swimming in the past but both swimmers trained hard for the few days they had prior to the first meet.

“My favorite part of swimming so far is the races because I like to see how much I improve every week and it gives me motivation to keep working harder,” said Bellor “Swim has pushed me to try harder because running was natural to me and I didn’t have to really try but swimming is really hard to me and in order to be good I have to put in lots of time and effort.”  Bellor expressed how swimming has pushed him into a better athlete. Both Vitale and Bellor are both very involved in our sports programs at WHS.

There are many first year DECA students as of this year as well. DECA students have been preparing this year in order to become as strong as possible since districts are coming up in the near future.

The WHS varsity dance team has many new additions as of this year, the team grew tremendously taking the team from a small group to a large group. “I decided to join school the dance team this year after dancing my whole life, this gave me more opportunities to dance on a daily basis and be involved with the school. I also bonded with many of the girls on the team,” said Sophomore Anaya O’neal